Thursday, 29 August 2013

Lanre Is Venting…..


                                                      
                                                      Lanre Is Venting…..


So,
Today I just want to give an opinion. If you are in Lagos and find yourself in traffic a lot, you might know DOTUN & TEMI on cool fm.
Well, am one of those people that get to listen to them thanks to the traffic. One of temis topics today was about a girl whose boyfriend is ready to marry her on one condition, get pregnant.
At this point I say pekelepekele- spororo.
This is sooooo wrong. How can you sit there and listen to that and not slap him(no violence please). But seriously how can someone say they love you and give you a condition to be with you forever. That is sooooo BS!!!
Let someone say that to their sister and you will hear all sort of things.
I am practically Yoruba, obviously from my name right. But am sorry to say its my Yoruba brothers and their mothers that started this. Dear brothers’ mother will you let your daughter get pregnant for a man before he marries her?
Can I say in capital letters please: IT IS GOD THAT GIVES CHILDREN!!!!!
If your wife is not getting pregnant, God has not given her. Your query is with God, Get on your mat and repent or go to church and pray, fast, check if there is a medical problem, if there is solve it.
Doing a fertility test before marriage doesn’t guaranty anything man. When God is ready to Bless you with this gift of child he will give you. Stop playing god abeg.
And girls, women, ladies, whatever you call yourselves, have some dignity, don’t wait around for these men and women to say these to you.
No religion allows for pre-marital sex. So how is the baby going to get in there?
Also, my big question, say you get pregnant get married give birth and baby dies, then what???
So far as I am concerned it is quite insultive to ask me to get pregnant before marriage whether it’s the man or his mother asking.
Can I ask you to give me the money you will use to take care of me and my unborn kids before I can marry you?
Yes dear it is as impossible. Cos you see wife is to baby making machine as husband is to money making machine.
If you want to marry, marry. If you want a baby go to an orphanage. Don’t marry me and my sisters with condition.
You see how we will deal with it if you have no job or if your business has a slow period or when we wait for that cheque that is getting late? That is how dear husband we will deal with our baby wants. When it comes we will deal with it if there is a problem.
Lets stand up for our dignity, our pride, lil ones and daughters. Do not insult us with forbidden offers. We are wealth itself. They have to acquire us, we just have to wait and accept the highest bidder considering our wants.
When did men start to give conditions for marriage ehn? Men beg women to be theirs, they used to be ready to roll on the floor, jump, fly, wash, sing, just for 5mins of your time, and now they demand a child. A whole human being fa.
Hmmmmn. These guys better take their time!!!
Cheers guys.

2 comments: