Monday, 17 March 2014

Lanre worries...

First time fuel hunter
I have been hearing about scarcity of fuel and the long standing queues. Thanks to my short distance i have been saved so far. Well today!!!!
If you know my country then you will know that our main source of electricity is generator hence hunger for petrol is multiplied.
We started looking for fuel for the generators, 2days ago, armed with money, jerican and a tip, we came back just as we left.
By yesterday, desperation for electricity kicked in, we loosened the fuel tank of the generator to take to the fuel station to buy the fuel.
Today, with my red blink, i went to queue at 6am.
1st of all, as a first timer i refused to believe the queue was so long, so i moved forward till reality hit, luckily, there was a bank infront and the poor fellow 'queuers' left space for easy access for the bankers, but JJC  Lanre used the opportunity to shunt the queue. Within seconds the danfo boys where ready to harrass, the lie came rolling out before i knew what was happening, i was telling them how my new born is home waiting for me with the help of passersby, i was allowed to stay on that queue.
Now that am on the queue, the real prayer starts, please let me buy fuel before it finishes, please let me buy fuel before it finishes. 2hours later, it is my turn to buy fuel and i ask the man, can i buy in jerican he says no, i give him the am ready to pay extra look and he completely ignores me. Then i try the blackmail tactic,'mister i have seen people go out of here with fuel in their jericans, dont tell me you dont sell in jericans'. He asked me to ask them how they got it, well that got me to shut up, fill my tank and move on.
I tell alot of people, i am not Nigerian. In my country we are fair. In my country we have basic needs of livelihood available at a price, yes but with ease. This country i live in though makes it had to be productive. All the sense of creativity goes into the fight to survive.
All the energy for labor we fight our neighbors for their lil bits.
In my country we struggle for success not survivalF6F0AAD3-BD24-4E7A-AAD2-7B3643CF635F
B899C572-0CF4-4442-848A-691492CFC1F1

No comments:

Post a Comment